Shunter Driver - Northampton and Stoke DC's
Full-time, £17,000 - £20,000 per year
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Shunter Drivers - Northampton and Stoke
Locations: Northampton and Stoke Distribution Centre's
Up to £27,000 plus shift allowance & benefits
Days and Nights shifts available
Permanent, full time opportunities
At Pets At Home we are motivated to find the best talent in the Transport industry. These new Shunter Driver opportunities have been created due to the experiential growth and expansion of our operation.
The Shunter Driver vacancies would suit individuals who have a demonstrable, driving track record within the transport industry, within a people-oriented, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your transport career within a growing and financially stable organisation.
We're looking for enthusiastic and committed team players who we can rely on to achieve the highest standards of bus cleanliness. With a reasonable level of physical fitness and an eye for detail and safety, you'll ideally have some cleaning experience and it is preferable to hold a full PCV or LGV licence to assist in moving vehicles.
We have several opportunities for Shunter Drivers based at Pets at Home North Distribution Centre, in Stoke. If you are flexible both in terms of duties and in hours of work and wish to work with the transport team making product deliveries into stores this opportunity may be suitable for you.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient movement of vehicles between parking bays and loading bays, to fuel vehicles, and when required undertake normal collection and delivery duties
- Carrying out daily vehicle checks
- Reporting any mechanical defects
- Reporting any accident, breakdown or emergency as soon as possible
- Taking all responsible action to ensure the safety and security of vehicles, equipment and goods
- Familiarising with the operation of the vehicle wash and use as instructed
- Undergoing a driving skills assessment at any time when requested by the Transport Manager
- Assist with fuelling, oil and water checks
- Fully comply with all HS & E legislation along with Group policies.
- A full clean driving licence with a category C & E licence entitlement
- A digital tachograph card
- A genuine commitment to customer service
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience within a transport, logistics or haulage organisation
- Up to date experience and working knowledge in driver legislation such as Tachograph or similar
- Ability and motivation to be able to study and pass the TMCPC
- Full, clean driving licence is essential
- Previous experience operating a forklift with a valid counterbalance licence is desirable.
What you’ll get in Return…keep reading!
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
We offer some great rewards for your hard work, including generous holiday allowances (including an extra day on your birthday!) you can save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 20% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more!
- Earn up to £27,000 per annum
- Overtime available and paid with premium
- Various Shifts Days and Nights, 4 on 4 off pattern
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Canteen with reduced prices
- Free car parking
- Uniform provided
- PPE provided
- Reward schemes
- Career progression opportunities
- Modern working environment
Contact us directly to speak with us about all vacancies within our Transport division. CALL - 01782 842015 OR EMAIL - email@example.com
If you want to ‘drive’ your own success and thrive on taking full ownership of your role we want to hear from you! Send your CV direct to our careers site:
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 19-08-2021
Expiry Date: 17-08-2031