Kickstart Project Management Support
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Based at either our Support Office in Handforth in Cheshire or our Swindon Support Office, with flexibility to work remotely from home. This role will provide you with an interesting and supported introduction to Project Management.
As Project Management Support, you will assist in maintaining the standards for project management within the delivery team. You will provide administrative support to your project team, and act as a source of project information and metrics. This role would suit an ambitious and career driven individual who is keen to develop their skills within a PMO / Project Management environment
- Planning and scheduling – Ensure meetings are scheduled in a timely manner with the required attendees.
- Governance- Managing the end-to-end governance processes and updating the supporting systems as required
- Monitoring and reporting - Co-ordinating the production of the monthly regular Status Report and dashboard
- Stakeholder Inputs- Engage with stakeholders at all levels within the shareholders and suppliers to ensure timely provision of accurate information in line with the agreed reporting cycles
- General Admin – Ensure organisational tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Budgeting Support – Support PM on budget tracking for the project
- Risks and Issues – help to maintain the risks and issues log, escalating to the right team members where appropriate
- Project Ambassador- Ensure all stakeholders are updated on decisions and progress to act as an ambassador for the project.
- Support in Workshops/Stakeholder Meetings- Provide support in the organisation, set up and prep for stakeholder meetings and workshops
- Good time management
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Effective People skills
- Ability to improvise/ think outside the box
- Interest to learn about transformation projects/supply chain/retail
What makes our Pets at Home Kickstart placements so special?
During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll get best in class employability support with our partners The Prince’s Trust and your own in-store fully trained mentor who will be there to help and support you as you get hands-on with the role. You’ll also get the opportunity to attend a variety of different workshops that will help you grow your career. During your 6 month Kickstart placement you’ll also undertake industry leading training that will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 25 hours per week
To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24 yrs when starting your Kickstart placement
- Unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25 hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Pets At Home will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link;
If you have any questions about the role please email
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 21-06-2021
Expiry Date: 25-08-2021