Kickstart IT Project Assistant
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Based at our Support Office in Handforth in Cheshire, with flexibility to work remotely from home, the role will report into our IT Governance, Risk & Compliance Manager and will work closely with our IT Administrator and Project Governance Lead. The position would be an ideal role for an individual looking to gain experience in financial administration and gain an understanding of project management in an IT environment.
- Helping to run and publish regular project reports using our portfolio management tool KeyedIn
- Maintaining the project framework templates and guidance in our Microsoft Teams and SharePoint site
- Supporting the induction of new starters to Group IT colleagues and temporary contractors
- Maintaining the IT departmental invoicing email inbox
- Raising purchase orders using our financial SAP system
- Obtaining approvals for IT invoices and ensuring they are processed for payment
- Supporting the IT Administrator with SAP training
- Supporting administration of IT contracts and running reports to show contract renewal dates
- Assisting with other additional reporting and administration requirements as needed
- You will have strong PC skills and must be competent in using Microsoft Packages e.g. Excel and Word
- You must be well organised
- You will have good communication skills and be confident to send emails or hold video calls with colleagues when working from home
- With support and training, you will feel confident in learning how to use new software packages e.g. SAP, KeyedIn, SharePoint etc
- You will enjoy checking details to make sure everything is right and feel comfortable working with numbers
- Prior experience of working in a busy, fast paced environment would be advantageous
- Prior experience of working in an administrative or project support role would be advantageous
What makes our Pets at Home Kickstart placements so special?
During your 6-month Kickstart placement you’ll get best in class employability support with our partners The Prince’s Trust and your own in-store fully trained mentor who will be there to help and support you as you get hands-on with the role. You’ll also get the opportunity to attend a variety of different workshops that will help you grow your career. During your 6 month Kickstart placement you’ll also undertake industry leading training that will give you the skills and knowledge to enable you to provide our customers with service that reflects our goals of being the ‘Best Pet Care Business in the World’.
The candidate we are looking for is:
- Passionate about delivering great service?
- Flexible to work a minimum of 25 hours per week
To apply, please click the link below.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
*If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful*
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24 yrs when starting your Kickstart placement
- Unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25+ hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Pets At Home will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link;
If you have any questions about the role please email
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 21-06-2021
Expiry Date: 25-08-2021