Driver - Days
Full-time, £32,000 - £32,000 per year
Salary: £32,000 - £32,000 per year
Contracted Hours: 50
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
LGV (C+E) Drivers - Days
Stoke Distribution Centre (NDC)
Up to £32,900 plus benefits
Permanent, full time opportunities
At Pets At Home we are motivated to find the best talent in the Transport industry. These new LGV (C+E) Driver opportunities have been created due to the experiential growth and expansion of our operation.
The LGV (C+E) Driver vacancies would suit individuals who have a demonstrable driving track record within the transport industry, within a people-oriented, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your driving career within a growing and financially stable organisation.
We have several opportunities for LGV (C+E) Drivers based at Pets at Home North Distribution Centre, in Stoke. If you are flexible both in terms of duties and in hours of work and wish to work with the transport team making product deliveries into stores these opportunities may be suitable for you.
You will join an established Transport division, operating on a 24/7 basis. You will have responsibility for a multi-drop and collection basis which services a wide-ranging geographical coverage. Reporting to the Transport Manger your key relationships will be with the wider Transport management team, Warehouse colleagues, as well as our Stores, key partners and suppliers.
Excellent service calls for high personal standards amongst the whole team. You'll be a careful and considerate driver who's willing to go the extra mile both on and off the roads. You'll be naturally friendly, helpful and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
- Carrying out driver checks before you start the engine
- Carrying out at least three runs over each shift, often to different stores
- Helping with loading and unloading your vehicle and any other work that needs carrying out – including cleaning your vehicle and trailer
- Carrying out deliveries in the most efficient way possible – our transport planning team are working hard behind the scenes to ensure our routes are scheduled in the most efficient way possible
- Delivering on time, but always safely, making sure our reputation for excellence includes driving!
- Flexible to do a variety of work, Trunk work between depots.
- To hold a full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence – newly qualified and experienced drivers welcome
- Hold a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC)/ Driver CPC
- Own a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrable experience within a transport, logistics or haulage organisation
- Up to date experience and working knowledge in driver legislation such as Tachograph or similar
- Ability and motivation to be able to study and pass the TMCPC
- Full, clean driving licence is essential.
What you’ll get in Return…keep reading!
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
We offer some great rewards for your hard work, including generous holiday allowances (including an extra day on your birthday!) you can save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 20% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more!
- Earn up to £32,900 per annum
- Overtime available and paid with premium
- Shifts are 5 on 3 off, Days
-Typical start time 0300 onwards
- Drivers medicals reimbursed up to the value of £100
- Reimbursement for statutory renewal of tacho cards
- Access to a great pension scheme
- Guaranteed free full DCPC training during your employment
- Canteen with reduced prices
- Free car parking
- Uniform provided
- PPE provided
- Reward schemes
- Career progression opportunities
- Modern working environment
If you want to ‘drive’ your own success and thrive on taking full ownership of your role we want to hear from you! Send your CV direct to our careers site:
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 18-06-2021
Expiry Date: 16-06-2031