Senior QA Analyst
Full-time, Up to £45,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home Group we’re developing technology to transform pet care. Join us and work on amazing projects that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re on the cusp of a transformation and open to fresh thinking. We’re giving you the opportunity to help define our systems from scratch. Our goal is fully personalised, customer experience that integrates retail and multi-channel services to deliver seamless service, but how we achieve that is down to you.
About your role
As a Senior QA Analyst, you’ll join our QA/Testing community and work specifically with our DevOps Team. You will be responsible for ensuring that all changes implemented are developed and tested on time, efficiently and within budget.
The QA/Test team is part of the wider Change function and has a key role in contributing to the delivery of robust business change and the realisation of measurable business benefits.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working collaboratively with the Scrum Team, Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders to cover test-dependent activities such as verification, prioritisation, and test scenario identification
- Offering opinions and solutions to technical problems and working through options with your team and Stakeholders as required
- Ensuring that testing requirements and level of assurance are fully understood, documented and carried out
- Undertake Quality Assurance checks for internal and third-party supplier developments to ensure that only ‘fit-for-purpose’ code is delivered into Test and Production
- Translating business requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria into test scenarios / test cases
- Producing well documented, high quality and prioritised test plans and test scripts for successful delivery
- Promoting and ensuring the use of appropriate techniques, methodologies and tools
- Supporting the development of robust test processes - helping to identify and analyse potential benefits, options for achieving those benefits
- Proactive participation in the Test Analysis community – helping to develop best practice, standards, sharing knowledge and championing the Test Analyst role across the Pets at Home Group
- Coaching, developing, and mentoring other Test Analysts, QA Engineers
About your experience
You’ll have extensive experience of testing in an agile environment and so you’ll need to be really hands on. You’ll also be able to react and adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business priorities, seeing this as a positive.
Bringing new ideas and suggestions to the table will be second nature to you and you’ll have a history of communicating effectively at different levels across an organisation.
Key experience required includes:
- Extensive experience of QA Test Analysis and Microsoft Azure DevOPs within a software development environment
- Experience in a wide variety of testing techniques and approaches
- Proven experience of interacting with all levels of stakeholders
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects of varying size simultaneously
- Extensive experience in establishing the prioritising tests based on their risk and the business requirements
- Ability to think outside the box to determine the right approach, methods and techniques to be used
- Ability to understand technical systems and use knowledge to diagnose issues
- Experience of working on large complex projects with responsibility for co-ordinating multiple test work streams and test resource
- Experience of coaching team members, developing and growing others.
- ISTQB Testing Foundation / Agile Test Extension
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 30-04-2021
Expiry Date: 21-05-2021