Kickstart Placement Digital Communications Assistant
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Are you super organised, people focused, creative and looking to get on the job experience to help Kickstart your career? Want to work within an in-house communications team for a market leading specialist retailer?
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain some experience in a communications role. The ideal candidate will play a key role in developing our digital content across a number of social media platforms and websites. There will be the opportunity to use your creative skills to develop copy, design assets and edit videos as well as some administrative processes. We’re looking for someone who is organised and has good attention to detail, with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to use their own initiative. We’re after someone who takes real pride in their work and surroundings.
- Create a suite of asset templates for social posts
- Video asset editing e.g. adding thumbnails, end slates and subtitles
- Collate content for the social schedule in line with the calendar and build a bank of content
- Collaborate and liaise with internal stakeholders and outside agencies where required
- Provide administrative support for the digital communications activities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24
- Unemployed and have been in receipt of Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25+ hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Please also speak to your Job Centre Work Coach before applying for this role as we are unable to accept applications without a valid job coach referral.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 27-05-2021
Expiry Date: 17-06-2021