Kickstart Placement Colleague Communications Assistant
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Are you super organised, people focused, creative and looking to get on the job experience to help Kickstart your career? Want to work within an in-house communications team for a market leading specialist retailer?
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to gain some experience in a communications role. The ideal candidate will play a key role in developing communications to help engage, inform and inspire our colleagues. There will be the opportunity to use your creative skills to develop copy, design assets and edit videos as well as taking responsibility for some of our communications administrative processes. We’re looking for someone who is organised and has good attention to detail, with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to use their own initiative. We’re after someone who takes real pride in their work and surroundings.
- Write copy for internal audiences e.g. this could be an internal business announcement for all colleagues, content for our colleague portal or a script for a video
- Source photos and create images and assets to be used across different channels
- Upload content to our colleague portal
- Collaborate and liaise with internal stakeholders and outside agencies where required
- Provide administrative support for the communications team
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 450 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care business. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24
- Unemployed and have been in receipt of Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25+ hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
Please speak to your Job Centre Work Coach before applying to this role as without their referral, unfortunately you will not be eligible to apply who will refer you for the role in the meantime you can register for the role by clicking the apply now link below
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 10-08-2021
Expiry Date: 08-08-2031