IT Service Desk 1st Line Analyst
Full-time, Up to £21,000 per annum
Salary: Up to £21,000 per annum
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home Group we’re constantly adapting to transform pet care. Join us and work in a large scale IT programme that will help shape, build and deliver our next-generation holistic pet care service. By joining us you’ll create new ways to support pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
About the role
As the IT Service Desk 1st Line Analyst you’ll be part of a team that is responsible for providing systems support for all colleagues across the Pets at Home Group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to develop their IT career by joining a fast paced business that is constantly changing.
Key responsibilities include;
- Handling Incidents and Service Requests raised to the IT Service Desk via telephone, email and Self-Service
- Where a solution cannot be provided or will be timely, escalating appropriately to the relevant support teams
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting software applications, updates and patches.
- Troubleshooting hardware problems (printers/desktops/pos hardware/network); providing support to requests remotely and also at the internal customers workplace
- Working to meet IT Service Desk Service Level Agreements and individual KPI’s
- Recording accurate, detailed information and tracking incidents from creation until completion in our Service Management Tool, ensuring resolution in a timely manner and to a high standard to avoid as much disruption to the business as possible
The IT Service Desk Team offers a great service to the business seven days a week and so works on a shift pattern basis. This could include the shifts below, working one weekend in four, however your working pattern will vary on a week by week basis.
- 8:00am – 4:15pm
- 10:00am – 6:10pm
- 12:00pm – 8:10pm
- Saturdays – 8:00am – 7:10pm
- Sundays – 9:00am – 5:10pm
About your experience
You’ll have a real interest in computing and problem solving technical issues, ideally having prior experience of providing IT support in an ITIL driven service desk environment. You must also be PC literate in Microsoft Office applications, Windows and Active Directory.
As well as these technical skills, you’ll also have a track record of providing high quality customer service, being able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The role would suit someone who;
- Has an aptitude for learning new skills quickly
- Has excellent time management skills that enable you to prioritise and organise your workload
- Can work independently whilst also being a real team player
- Is committed, ambitious and motivated with a drive to improve and develop yourself
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 13-05-2021
Expiry Date: 04-06-2021