Kickstart Research Assistant Concept Innovation
Contracted Hours: 25
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc are the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. Pet products are available online or from our 458 stores, many of which also have vet practices and grooming salons.
We’re looking for a Graduate who is keen to learn, has an eye for detail and excellent market research skills. In return our Kickstart placement will provide you with a great CV building experience, where you will be a key team member working with colleagues to deliver real impact. We see this as a fantastic opportunity to 'kickstart' your career in the Pet Care industry.
As a Research Assistant you will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of external research to explore the wider marketplace, to identify new commercial opportunities as well as relevant trends and innovation which will benefit the business. The role will involve a wide range of research projects that will not only help to further develop your research and presentation/report writing skills but also help you develop a good understanding of our pet care ecosystem and the global pet care market.
- Undertake the collection and collation of market insight and research conducted within the pet and adjacent markets on new innovation, trends, the changing customer and suppliers which become available and help prepare summary information on potential concept innovation initiatives for presentation to the business.
- Review, analyse and make confident recommendations based on the research compiled
- Prepare trend reports & new initiative presentations
- Help deliver varied projects by looking after project management and reporting (with guidance)
- Categorise and respond to innovation inquiries
- Collaborate with colleagues to follow up and track leads
- Generate leads from research where required
- Interrogate customer research and feedback identified new solution based innovation opportunities
- Prepare information to support external communications opportunities
- Applying analysis on areas such as competitors, markets using key metrics like market share data wherever that might be deemed necessary
- Engage with other teams across the business to gain understanding from their perspective in seeking and evaluating opportunities
- Develop high-quality business reports that meet your key stakeholder's needs and requirements
- An intellectual curiosity & true enthusiasm for the pet industry
- Intrigue about customer behaviour & finding new ways to support them to be better pet owners
- Confident at interpreting trend research& questioning the implications for us in the pet industry
- An eye for detail with high quality standards
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- The ability to create engaging presentations in PowerPoint
- A ‘finisher’ – can meet deadlines and see things through to their successful completion
We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Office is located in Handforth and you may be required to travel to the office on a regular basis.
Innovation is the lifeblood of future facing businesses. This is a really exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of the pet industry, exploring new opportunities and initiatives that will continue to set Pets at Home apart and support the growth towards our mission of Being the World’s Best Pet Care Business
- Experience in conducting and analysing research and collating information as part of an under/post Graduate qualification.
- Confident communicator
- Understanding of general business principles and finances
- Able to demonstrate own initiative and take accountability for agreed deliverables
- Versatility in approach and ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Ability to deal articulately and confidently with stakeholders at a director-level
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Advanced Microsoft Package Skills
Please speak to your Job Centre Work Coach before applying to this role as without their referral, unfortunately you will not be eligible to apply who will refer you for the role in the meantime you can register for the role by clicking the apply now link below:
To be eligible for the Kickstart programme you will also need to be:
- Aged 16-24 yrs when starting your Kickstart placement
- Unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Referred by your Jobcentre Work Coach
- Be available to work for 25 hours
- Be able to undertake a 6-month training programme
If you have any questions about the role please email
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-09-2021
Expiry Date: 01-09-2031