Transport First Line Manager - National Distribution Centre (Stoke on Trent)
Full-time, up to £30,000 per annum plus 20% shift allowance
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum plus 20% shift allowance
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Transport First Line Managers (FLM)
Stoke Distribution Centre (NDC)
Up to £30,000 plus 20% shift allowance
At Pets At Home we are motivated to find the best talent in the Transport industry. These new opportunities have been created due to the experiential growth and expansion of our operation.
The Transport FLM vacancies would suit ambitious individuals, who have a demonstrable track record within the transport industry within a people-oriented, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your management career within a growing and financially stable organisation.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our transport division play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Within our Stoke Distribution Centre (NDC) we dispatch over 60,000,000 cases of stock per year or 1.15 million cases per week!
Our two sites are over 470 square foot with 35,600 reserve locations and 11,782 pick locations.
The scope of this role is wide and varied and your colleague management expertise cannot be underestimated. You will be a naturally energetic, motivational leader with drive and passion in what you do, capable of creating a collaborative team work ethic and an environment in which people feel they are really part of the success of the business.
You will lead the Stoke Transport team to deliver excellent services to our stores, through effective day-to-day management and engagement of our Transport division.
You will join an established Transport management team and as a Transport FLM you will lead the Transport division and operation on a 24/7 basis. You will have responsibility of sizeable fleet, which is dynamic and operating on a multi-drop and collection basis which services an extensive geographical coverage.
Reporting to the Transport Operations Manager your key relationships will be with the Warehouse Managers and the wider Transport management team as well as our key partners and suppliers.
You will inspire a culture based teamwork ethic, recognising and rewarding exceptional performance and conversely addressing any areas of below standard performance consistently and fairly.
Exceptional communication skills and an ability to give direction will be essential. It is also important that you have a commercial and analytical mind and can identify areas for continuous improvement at every opportunity.
- You will need to be a career focused, highly motivated management professional with demonstrable experience in an operational role in a transport, logistics or haulage organisation
- You will also be a proven manager of people able to demonstrate good leadership skills whilst always upholding the values and behaviours of Pets at Home
- Proficient IT capability, comfortable with Transport Management systems (Tracktransor similar)
- Good leadership qualities, ability to influence change with a flexible approach to work
- Up to date experience and working knowledge in driver legislation such as Tachograph or similar
- Additional qualifications relevant to the role such as a Transport Managers Certificate of Professional Competence or similar, H&S, Fire training and Risk Management
- Ability and motivation to be able to study and pass the TMCPC
- Full, clean driving licence
What you’ll get in Return…keep reading!
- We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
- But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
- Salary up to £30k plus 20% shift allowance
- Non- contractual annual company bonus and share option schemes
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern with 25 days holiday
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care scheme
- 20% Colleague Discount in all of our stores and on-line
- You are also entitled to have one paid day’s leave for your birthday as a day off on top of your holiday allowance!
- Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
If you can manage large operational teams, drive performance and thrive on taking full ownership of your role we want to hear from you!
Press the Apply button below, and in a few short steps your application will be complete!
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 09-04-2021
Expiry Date: 28-05-2021