Construction Project Manager - The Pets at Home Vet Group
Full-time, Up to £55,000
Salary: Up to £55,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Field based with required travel to Handforth or Swindon Support Office
About The Pets at Home Vets Group
Pets at Home Vet Group has 440 practices, approximately 400 of which are operated as individual Joint Venture businesses. Over 400 practices operate under the Vet4Pets brand and the remainder are Companion Care. Our Joint Venture model is unique to the UK vet market and it offers ambitious vets an early route to practice ownership with professional support on financing, IT, People, Marketing and supplier relations. Each partner has full clinical freedom to do whatever they believe to be right for each individual patient, including using the products of their choice. The owner mentality drives superior performance once the practice reaches maturity, compared to the typical company-owned model.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager who would relish the challenge of working in a team of nationally based Project Managers delivering major fit-out and refurbishment projects across a large and growing portfolio of practices (inside Pets at Home stores and stand-alone practices). This role will be field based, with significant UK travel anticipated to support business needs.
You will manage and deliver high quality veterinary surgeries and veterinary surgery refurbishments to quality standards, on time and on budget. You will work with external Quantity Surveyors on scoping projects, developing budgets and all necessary project documentation for allocated projects and build strong relationships and liaise with landlords, developers and internal departments to ensure smooth delivery of all projects.
You will maintain strong relationships with Joint Venture Partners, external consultants, suppliers and approved pool of contractors, ensuring a strong team ethic is achieved and deliver best value at all times. You will contribute to departmental continual improvement initiatives as well as manage and continually improve site Health & Safety and statutory compliance.
You will provide technical advice, driving innovation and seeking opportunities to ensure the business remains at the forefront of the industry and understand current specification and find ways to adapt in order to drive cost down whilst not impacting on quality.
The key skills required;
- Previous construction based Project Management experience gained within a clinical environment
- The ability to manage multi-site projects within challenging timescales
- A strong understanding of your customer and the role the Development team play in delivering the present and future business plan
- A passion for ensuring completeness and excellence in all aspects, from conception, to handover, through to maintenance
- Great organisational skills, proven to work to strict deadlines across all aspects of the project
- Possess a good knowledge of construction Health & Safety legislation and the ability to translate this into improved site standards
- A proven ability to manage and motivate others to deliver
- Be a committed team player but be self-motivated and able to operate remotely
- Demonstrate that you can lead the way in driving standards in both process and quality
- A solid track record of innovation and change
- Salary up to £55,000
- Company car provided
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after two years
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-03-2021
Expiry Date: 15-06-2021