Pets at Home Foundation - Fundraising Coordinator
Full-time, £19,000 - £23,500
Salary: £19,000 - £23,500
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the role
The Pets at Home Foundation exists to help pets and the people who love them, through the provision of practical and financial support. To enable this support to be provided we organise a range of fundraising activities to secure donations from Pets at Home Group customers, suppliers and colleagues as well as the general public. This includes local and national events, lotteries, on-line activity and merchandise sales.
The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy and activities to maximise income. Working within a small team, you will be accountable for delivering cost effective fundraising activity which supports the Foundation in delivering its aims and objectives and ensuring these align with the goals of the Pets at Home Group. You will ensure activities are delivered in a way which protects the reputation of both the Foundation and the Group.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
- Managing and developing the Colleague Payday Lottery and the Customer Lottery, including:
- Receiving and processing lottery entry forms
- Co-ordination of the lottery draws
- Communication of the lottery prize fund and winners across the Pets at Home Group
- Actively promote the lottery to encourage sign ups and increase membership
- Submission of lottery returns to comply with the Foundations Gambling License
- Supporting the fundraising manager with digital fundraising opportunities.
- Support with the national fundraising appeals across the calendar year.
- Co-ordination of events at Support Office / Distribution Centres, including sample sales, raffles and fun days.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key departments within Pets at Home Group to deliver events and activities effectively
- Work with the Charity Communications Coordinator to raise awareness of the work of the Foundation to drive income for the Foundation.
- Attending area meetings and events to engage the Foundations supporters.
- Conducting visits to our beneficiaries, to ser the impact of funds raised.
- Acting as an advocate for the Foundation, presenting to the wider Pets at Home group via our internal communication channels and, on occasion, representing the Foundation at external events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organisational skills; ability to multi-task, plan ahead and meet deadlines
- Fluent in Microsoft Office
- Supports our organisation’s values and behaviours
- You must hold a clean UK driving licence and be willing to travel across the UK when required.
- Previous experience of working in the charity sector
- Previous experience of fundraising or event / project management
- Presentation skills / public speaking
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 03-08-2022
Expiry Date: 20-08-2022