Full-time, £21,000 - £21,000
Salary: £21,000 - £21,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the Role
We’re currently recruiting for a Buying Assistant to work within our Trading Team. Based at our Head Office in Handforth (Cheshire) you’ll be supporting with predominately Dog dry and wet food category. It really is a great opportunity if you’re looking to gain exposure into the fast-paced world of buying. You’ll be providing the Buyers with administrative support, so it’s important that you are highly organised and work well to deadlines. The role is very varied, and there is a lot to do so you’ll be on the go from the start to the end of the day, but if you have enthusiasm in abundance and a willingness to learn, you’ll be great. You’ll also be working with a close and fun team, who are very supportive and always on hand should you need help.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
- Ensure the Promotional and Pricing process is completed efficiently and accurately on behalf of the Buyer/s
- Create and manage article lists and maintain data integrity in line with company targets
- Facilitate the range review process adhering to the critical path to ensure on time launches
- Liaise with suppliers and manage audit trails and develop relationships with the supplier base
- Manage sample process, involving requesting, reviewing, and managing all samples for the category
- Provide great customer service to both store and support office colleagues through speedy and accurate issue resolution
- Attend, and take comprehensive and detailed meeting notes and actions
- Conduct competitor store visit reports and feedback to team
- Prepare all stores communications for final sign off by the Buyer
- Produce specific financial reports for the weekly trading meeting
- Produce ad hoc reports and gathering information as instructed by the Buyer
- Day to day admin support for the buying team
This is a busy administrative role, therefore previous experience within a busy office environment is desirable. You will also have excellent communication skills, as you will be working and liaising with various teams across the business. Organisational skills are key for this role so you must be able to manage your own workload as well as having the ability to multi-task. Excel is used frequently so having an understating of this is essential.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 01-08-2022
Expiry Date: 23-08-2022