Group Estates Manager
Full-time, £45,000 - £57,000
Salary: £45,000 - £57,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Group Estates Manager
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About the Role
Reporting into the Group Property Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day management function of our trading portfolio and non-trading portfolio within a defined geographical area (North/Eastern Region), ensuring that estate management decisions are business focussed.
- Developing a detailed knowledge of the retail warehouse/retail sector
- Negotiating rent reviews of both trading and non trading properties within the Northern/Eastern Region (to include liaising with agents where appropriate) in a pro active manner. To ensure settlements are reached expeditiously having regard to market conditions
- Progressing lease renewals through the legal process and negotiating new lease based on business requirements and market conditions.
- Identifying asset management opportunities in the portfolio to ensure we optimise the property portfolio and ensure the long term future of the portfolio
- Liaising with external rating and service charge consultants where necessary.
- Dealing with Landlord and Tenant issues to include dealing with Deeds of Variation. License Agreements, dilapidations and day to day estate management issues.
- Maintain and establish appropriate contacts within the property industry
- Planning issues
- Assisting with rent, rates, service charge and Insurance administration when appropriate
- Assisting the maintenance of the department’s computer records.
- Preparation of budget figures
- You will possess estates management experience, ideally gained within a retail business, however this is not essential.
- Preferably MRICS qualified.
- You will have the ability to influence decisions and take a persuasive approach whilst being effective at problem analysis and PC literate.
- Travel will be required at times and hybrid working will be available.
- You will be entitled to a company car which comes with the role.
On offer, together with this fantastic career opportunity, you will be provided with a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- Up to 15% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Stock options
- Group Discounts
- Other flexible benefits
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 05-08-2022
Expiry Date: 02-08-2032