Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Problem Manager to join our busy and ever-expanding IT Service Management Team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark and establish and build upon existing problem management experience within an ever-expanding technology landscape.
Our Technology team has been growing at pace over recent years and as we deliver more and more systems and services into our Pet Care Centres the Problem Manager will play a vital role by helping to identify, prioritise and remove underlying problems to improve the overall service provided to our colleagues and setting our people free to serve.
This is a great opportunity for a confident and motivated individual to grow and transform our existing problem management processes to drive further improvements.
The role offers flexibility so office working and remote working is possible, with an expectation to work from our Handforth Office at least once every 2 weeks if working remotely.
- Manage operational process for Problem Management and ensure this is adopted and adhered to across the IT department and wider business teams.
- Identification and definition of both reactive and proactive problem records, inputting information into the Service Management Tool and ensuring quality and accuracy of data.
- Responsible for the end-to-end management of all problems which have been identified.
- Analyse incident records to determine any trends or apparent problems that occur, seeking confirmation with relevant teams before progressing to problem records.
- Ensure ownership of problems and follow up activity, making sure the targets for problem resolution are met.
- Complete root cause analysis working with SME Teams and 3rd Parties to help identify resolution and resulting actions, along with tracking those actions through to completion.
- Raise awareness and the profile of the problem management process, providing training to new and existing colleagues.
- Produce regular and accurate management reports for use in managing and demonstrating the effectiveness of the problem management process.
- Maintain Problem Management procedural documentation.
- Manage the Major Problem process, working with resolver teams and 3rd Parties to make sure Major Incident Reports are completed on time and shared appropriately, ensuring any Major Problem actions are followed up and completed.
Skills Required and Proven Experience:
- ITIL Foundation certification is essential.
- Experience of managing problem records in an ITIL process driven environment.
- A good working knowledge of Excel is required.
- A problem solver, who demonstrates critical thinking and root cause analysis skills.
- Confident and assertive communicator, oral and written - able to communicate with colleagues, senior managers, vendors and suppliers.
- Excellent time management skills to enable you to prioritise and organise your workload.
- We’re a pet retailer so a passion for Pets is what we’re all about: this is a must!
- We are looking for a committed, ambitious and motivated individual who has the drive to improve and develop their own skills but also someone who is a real team player.
About the Pets at Home Group
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award-winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do. Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d love to hear from you.
- 10% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- The option to buy extra holidays
- An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
- Pension Scheme
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care & Vets4Pets Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
- Life assurance
- Contributory Private Health Care
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Values Awards
- Colleague of the Month Awards
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 25-07-2022
Expiry Date: 02-09-2022