Carrier Relationship Manager
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Handforth Support Office (Hybrid Working)
About The Pets At Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
This role will take ownership & responsibility of Digital Logistics holistically, bridging the Customer with Operational and DC development plans to create a holistic, future-facing strategy for digital logistics.
- Day to day carrier management
- Performance monitoring and day-to-day issue resolution
- Carrier performance reviews
- Establish growth plans based on tactical and strategic aims with each carrier
- Ensure that the right parcel is allocated to the right carrier in the most effective way through Metapack
- Forecasts for peak & monthly trailer planning.
- Own WISMO reduction strategy
- Support customer service for on-going process improvement to provide a better customer experience
- Improve accuracy and efficiency levels within current process with a view to reduce consignment rate
- Manage delivery promise, including front end deliver to promise and customer coms
- Monitor and take ownership of E2E delivery performance
- Own the delivery of the digital logistics proposition roadmap
- Link CS, DC & Digital development plans into a holistic, co-ordinated schedule of change
- Explore and implement new logistics services to improve customer experience in conjunction with Product team
- Implementation of a customer friendly returns solution to reduce costs
- Represent digital in wider programs of work including ship from store
- Explore new delivery options including EU & International shipping
- Responsibility of c£16m carrier spend per year
- Achieve cost savings and efficiencies within current operational budget
- Packaging and material cost reduction
- Verifying carrier costs against invoices
On offer, together with this fantastic career opportunity, you will be provided with a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- 10% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Share options
- Group Discounts
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 12-07-2022
Expiry Date: 01-09-2022