L&D Academy Trainer (Retail)
Full-time, £28,000 - £28,000
Salary: £28,000 - £28,000
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Salary: up to £28k
About the Pets at Home Group
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone is able to come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the difference.
We are currently recruiting for a Learning & Development Academy Trainer to join our Retail Academy Team. We welcome applications from those looking to work remotely but please note that our Support Offices are based in Handforth & Swindon and you will be required to travel to the office occasionally, as well as to our Retail stores and training locations.
As a Learning & Development Academy Trainer, you will be working as a key part of the Retail Learning & Development team. You will support and work with the L&D Academy Retail & DC Lead and a team of Learning & Development Academy Trainers to create and deliver relevant training and development interventions for our Retail stores. You will act as an internal training & development consultant and you will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all personal development, behavioural, soft skills, compliance, SQP/RAMA and knowledge training within the retail training function.
Your primary focus will be on driving colleague’s skills, knowledge, and performance helping to drive attrition levels within the Retail teams down. The role will support the L&D Academy Retail & DC Lead to continuously evolve our training plan, building awareness of learning initiatives and demonstrating a return on the investment we make in our colleagues. You will also support the design and delivery of our Induction, development and CPD programmes within the Retail team.
Training Strategy & Implementation
- Working with the L&D Academy Retail & DC Lead, and the wider talent team, you will help shape our Retail learning strategy - comprising of induction, colleague development, store development and management development, identifying development opportunities for the retail teams and colleagues.
- Will be responsible for supporting the design and development of all these programmes, linking benefit and outcomes to our strategic direction and in support of our broader talent strategy.
- Will continuously improve and evolve programmes based on future business changes, e.g. introducing new and innovative learning programmes, to support the innovation of our retail proposition.
- Will support and help to gain recognition and where applicable accreditation for our programmes internally and externally.
- Will engage effectively with all stakeholders, understanding priorities and promoting the internal learning programmes, raising awareness, engagement and participation.
- Will work in partnership to design content that is relevant and where applicable work with the broader learning team including third parties, to ensure a blended learning approach such as e-learning, workshops, master classes, action learning and coaching.
- Will build links with external networks and awarding bodies, to ensure we deliver leading edge solutions, ensuring our programme evolve and become best in class.
- Will be an ambassador of all our programmes, and will work with all stakeholders to ensure they drive added value.
- Will ensure all of our internal programmes embed our values, behaviours & capabilities.
- Support the design of training programmes that are relevant and required that drive the future success of the retail business function.
- Supporting the implementation plan for the all retail training programmes, helping to support our proposition to attract, develop, support, progress and retain our colleagues by providing a best in class development programme.
- To deliver an in-house suite of courses, including compliance and ongoing CPD for all relevant colleagues.
- Will support the delivery of our key programmes/courses such as SQP/RAMA training.
- When required to support and facilitate with internal and external suppliers creating a multi-level manager development proposition
- Working collaboratively with other HR people partners to create and drive a consistent development agenda across the wider Pets at Home Group.
- Will ensure content delivery of the programme is relevant and beneficial to both the colleague and our business.
- Work in partnership with wider team to enhance talent / L&D success across the PAH group.
- Work on Learning & Development projects as required.
Educational Qualifications – Desirable:
(Training, Professional memberships, Accreditations)
- SQP/RAMA Qualified.
Experience, Knowledge & Expertise – Essential;
- Significant relevant experience of operating at training level.
- Focused on continuous improvement, measuring outcomes based on data, trends, analysis and review.
- Clear, articulate and confident communicator – able to engage and influence key stakeholders.
Experience, Knowledge & Expertise – Desirable;
- Engaging, knowledgeable and passionate in education and training.
- Meticulous in ensuring quality and consistency in delivery of training.
- Strategic in mind set – value to business.
- Learning & Development delivery & creation experience.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- 36 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 38 days after 2 years service.
- Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
- Pensions - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
- Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member).
- “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
- Life assurance
- Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
- Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
- Free Car Parking
- Option for company car
If you haven't heard back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful
*Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.*
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 12-08-2022
Expiry Date: 20-08-2022