Group Payroll Implementation & Compliance Lead
Full-time, £40,000 - £45,000
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Contracted Hours: 39 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Pets at Home Group Plc is the UK’s leading pet care business; our commitment is to make sure pets and their owners get the very best advice, products and care. We have over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it's our people that make the real difference. This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for an award winning company who put people at the very heart of everything they do.
About the Role
As the Group Payroll Implementation & Compliance Lead, you will report to the Group Head of Payroll and hold responsibility for the management of payroll projects whilst also leading on compliance improvements, risk identifications and system developments.
This is a fast paced and fluid role. It won’t suit you if you are used to a regimented service delivery background, rather it offers a tremendous variety day to day and the opportunity to work across functions.
Key Responsibilities will include (but not limited to);
- Leading in providing professional expert advice and guidance on payroll and pensions matters to ensure the successful and compliant delivery of payroll projects and legislative related changes and tasks
- Ensuring that payroll systems and processes operate in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ensuring the integrity of payroll systems by undertaking the testing of system updates, changes and fixes
- Managing all aspects of assigned projects including planning, monitoring, control, reporting and communication to achieve successful implementations. And as the payroll subject matter expert, provide expert advice and direction on payroll impact
- Management of the Payroll Project team, ensuring that the team undertake appropriate training and professional development
- Working with the Payroll Management Team to develop innovative ways of working and implement technology & transformation that delivers a high performance and quality of service
- Managing the relationship with the external SAP systems support partner
- Representing Payroll to key internal and external stakeholders to assess Payroll impact and to lead in the implementation of a varied range of projects
- Delivering efficiency and service improvements (in line with agreed SLAs, KPIs, and Customer Feedback) ensuring all activity is recorded and tracked with benefits realisation
You will have experience of managing all aspects of assigned Payroll projects including; planning, monitoring, governance, reporting and communication in order to achieve successful implementations. With demonstrable experience of quickly grasping project deliverables, you’ll be adept at identifying payroll impact and ensuring requirements and timescales are clearly defined and monitored.
Experience of leading and co-ordinating a team in payroll and/or pensions within a complex organisation will also be key to success in the role.
You’ll have the necessary skills to plan, prioritise, test and document system requirements and defects to ensure the integrity of payroll systems.
An excellent and in-depth understanding and application of payroll and pensions legislation and the ability to ensure this is reflected in compliant payroll systems and processes will be important.
Further key skills/experience/attributes includes;
- Excellent understanding of using a variety of payroll and T&A systems. Working with integrated HR, Payroll and Finance systems is essential. Experience of SAP ECC is preferable
- Excellent technical knowledge with demonstrable experience of implementing end to end process improvement and maximising the use of technology in a payroll environment
- Strong system and IT skills and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel (e.g., vlookups, macros, validation, conditional formatting)
- Experience of end-to-end payroll project management & payroll processing
- Proven stakeholder engagement in a matrix organisational structure, and ability to establish credibility both technically and behaviourally
- A positive, forward-thinking attitude with a drive to pro-actively enable change. You’ll be able to thrive in a very busy and ever-changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail. You’ll have the ability to interpret data and absorb new knowledge & information quickly
- Excellent knowledge of Payroll and Pensions Legislation and continuous personal development to ensure an awareness of forth coming changes that will impact payroll
- Desirable – CIPP Qualified or working towards
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
About our purpose
Far more than a retailer, Pets at Home Group is the UK’s leading pet care specialist, fulfilling every possible pet and owner need, from food and accessories to grooming and vet services. Since 1991, we’ve been building a business around pets and their owners and we’ve set our sights on becoming the best pet care business in the world. Join us now and you can be part of that journey, developing your future as we develop ours. This is a place where you can take pride and passion in your work within an inspiring, professional team that’s focused on supporting pets and their owners to live happier lives together.
We’re driven by the wellbeing of pets and we make sure we look after our people too. We depend on your commitment and innovation, and reward it with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. Together we’ll create the future of pet care.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 22-06-2022
Expiry Date: 09-07-2022