Stock Controller - Nights
Full-time, £24,763 - £24,763
Salary: £24,763 - £24,763
Contracted Hours: 37.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Stanley Matthews Way, Stoke-on-Trent , Staffordshire, ST4 8GR
Stock Control Team - Nights
£24763.00 + night allowance
Sat - Tue 8pm to 6am
As a Stock Controller you are responsible for the smooth running of the warehouse operations from receipt of goods, to storage and distribution, whilst ensuring a safe work environment. This Stock Controller vacancies would suit individuals who have a demonstrable track record within a pick, pack and dispatch, 24/7 multi-site operation. This is a great platform to further your career within a growing and financially stable organisation.
- You will be involved with the coordination of transport to deliver goods and maintain a highly accurate stock keeping / stock control system
- You will manage inventory/stock levels and stock placement using the JDA system
- Function within an established team of stock controllers, ensuring that all internal stock control processes within the NDC are followed to
- Maximise stock availability and ensure that stock can be delivered to stores accurately and in a saleable condition
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy of the warehouse stock file, through perpetual inventory counts and identifying damage reduction opportunities
- Continuously improve productivity through maintaining pick paths and space utilisation
- Maintain the Physical inventory in line with system driven PI to control adjustments
- Assist in monitoring all inbound PO’s to close all orders within 48 hours and to ensure the orders are closed without discrepancies to improve stock availability
- Carrying out weekly full empty location checks and dealing with thorough investigations to resolve DC discrepancies and Support Office queries
- Report on a weekly basis the stock KPI’s and assist in the development of new processes and procedures
- Monitor, investigate and authorise internal product adjustments to maintain stock accuracy
- Assist in relays to enhance productivity measures
- Working experience within a 24/7, live, operational environment
- Goods in / out experience
- Proficient IT Skills –Microsoft Word and Excel with the ability to design and write reports
- Forward-thinking with a customer centric focus
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative and resourceful under pressure
- Team player within the wider business
What you’ll get in Return:
- Attractive rates of pay
- Holidays – 28 days including bank holidays, rising to 33 days after two years’ service
- An extra day’s holiday when it’s your birthday
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Personal Health Insurance scheme (if in Pension Scheme)
- Life assurance: 4 x salary
- 20% Pets at Home discount scheme after 12 weeks service
- Pets at Home “Treats” voluntary benefits package
We’re not just another retailer. So this is not just another distribution centre. Where pets come first, we also look after our customers and our people, ensuring everyone enjoys a good experience with Pets at Home.
But don’t take our word for it. We were voted 5th in the Great Place to Work UK Best Workplaces Large Category 2018 and we were put there by our people who like how much fun it is work here, how much opportunity there is for personal growth and how we all like to give something back.
Along the way, they get to enjoy all the training and development they need to succeed. Plus a comfortable, dynamic working environment that also has computer workspaces, communication zones and our own canteen.
Our colleagues live and breathe the Pets at Home values, bringing them to work every day to deliver for our customers. The teams within our distribution centres play a vital role by ensuring our stores are stocked with exactly what they need, when they need it.
Within our Stoke Distribution Centre (NDC) we dispatch over 60,000,000 cases of stock per year or 1.15 million cases per week!
Our two sites are over 470 square foot, have receiving, storage, picking and dispatch functions at both sites, 35,600 reserve locations and 11,782 pick locations.
We are moving to a new purpose-built facility in Stafford, we'd love you to come with us but we realise this might not be for everyone! We’re committed to developing all of our colleagues, so whether your future is within our DC, our wider Group or elsewhere, you'll get the best training and support to develop your skills for now and in the future.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 16-06-2022
Expiry Date: 19-07-2022