Agile Delivery Lead
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
Location: Hybrid working, with travel to the Handforth Support Office
At Pets at Home, we want our Development Team to evolve the way we do business and shape the future of pet care.
About the role
As the Technical Delivery Lead, you will be you will be accountable for the software development and leading the delivery team with our Integration and whilst also facilitating conversations and engagements between the development team and their stakeholders to deliver the new Petcare digital platform.
To lead one of the software development teams including:
- Agile Process Facilitation – facilitating the various ceremonies and processes required for a successful SCRUM team.
- Facilitating the engagements between the software development function and stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Facilitation of the deployment of software into test and production environments with appropriate controls.
- Working with the team to ensure that reporting metrics such as velocity and burndowns for the team are produced and transparent.
- Working with the Product Owner to manage the features backlog and plan the future roadmaps
- Constantly and consistently works to remove impediments and issues which are slowing down the development team.
About your experience
- You’ll have a strong track-record of Software Delivery ideally in an enterprise level environment.
- You’ll evidence experience of Enterprise Integration migration / transformations
Key experience required includes:
- Proven experience managing software development teams
- In depth knowledge of SCRUM and other agile lifecycles such as Kanban.
- Proven experience of Enterprise Integration migration / transformations
- Proven experience of working in an agile software development environment to deliver software products
- Experience of presenting to technical and non-technical audiences both in small interactive sessions and larger group settings.
- Experience of working with teams using automated testing frameworks and techniques such as TDD.
- Experience of working with CI/CD pipelines and establishing good development practices.
- Experience of working in Greenfield product development
- A good understanding of services / micro-services-based architectures and their benefits and drawbacks
About Our Benefits
On offer, together with a greenfield career opportunity, we have a strong and competitive benefits package in addition to the base salary.
- 15% Bonus potential
- 28 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare options
- Share options
- Group Discounts
About our purpose
There are all kinds of personal and professional benefits to being part of our Development team, but it’s also worth remembering that everything we do has a sense of purpose. We’re not just here to sell food or treats, we want to help pets and their owners live happier, healthier lives together. When you make a project a success, there’s a pet and their owner at the other end who are benefitting from your efforts.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-08-2022
Expiry Date: 01-10-2022