Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role
As the Apprenticeship Specialist, you'll be responsible for the development, implementation, management and evolution of the Apprenticeship offering at the Pets at Home Group.
This role will build the skills for the future across our business whilst owning and optimising our Apprenticeship Levy DAS Account. This includes the administration, reconciliation & reporting and provision of accurate monitoring & evaluation of data and records. You’ll continually identify areas for improvement.
Working closely with our Future/Emerging Talent Lead, you’ll bring a fresh approach to attracting emerging talent to the Pets at Home Group whilst also championing our brand and bringing our Employee Value Proposition (EVP) to life.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Developing, implementing & managing apprenticeships at Pets at Home Group and evolving the apprenticeship offering across the business to build the skills for the future, while optimising the Apprenticeship Levy
- Supporting the development of & managing other future talent initiatives such as work experience and employability programmes, promoting Pets at Home Group in the marketplace as a champion for investing in emerging and future talent
- Supporting the Future Talent Lead to develop a Future Talent strategy and framework that supports the development of both new and existing colleagues to widen our internal/external talent pipelines
- Keeping up to date with apprenticeship funding changes, best practice and competitor benchmarking to make recommendations on how these can be applied & how the recouped levy can be reinvested to broaden our people development early careers offering
- Developing and using management information both internal and external to draw insight and persuasive analytics regarding the benefits and ROI of apprenticeship and future talent programmes
- Ownership of the Apprenticeship Levy DAS Account including administration, reconciliation & reporting and provide up to date, accurate monitoring and evaluation data and records and identify areas for continuous improvement
You’ll have proven experience of leading the implementation and management of a variety of Apprenticeship programmes.
With a passion for data, you’ll demonstrate a good understanding of the Apprenticeship Standards, Levy and End Point Assessors as well as current trends and developments in Learning & Development (L&D) and the emerging talent space.
The role requires a proactive and forward-thinking approach. Someone who is clear, articulate and confident when communicating, and able to engage and influence key stakeholders at all levels.
Further key experience/attributes includes;
- L&D and/or early careers programmes experience, i.e. Graduate, work placement and in depth knowledge of Apprenticeship operating practices, standards and third part providers
- Clear, articulate and confident when communicating – able to engage and influence key stakeholders
- A passion for Apprenticeships
- Budget management experience
- A focus on continuous improvement, measuring outcomes based on data, trends, analysis and review
- A customer focussed approach with the ability to build strong relationships
- A meticulous approach to ensuring quality and consistency in delivery of Apprenticeship training
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances.
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 04-05-2022
Expiry Date: 21-05-2022