Future / Emerging Talent Lead
Contracted Hours: 39
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Chester House, Epsom Ave, Handforth, Cheadle, Greater Manchester, SK9 3DF
At Pets at Home we have an ambitious plan, to become “The Best Pet Care Business in the world” and a key part of delivering this in sustainable way will be our most cherished assets: our People and our Culture. We are a business built on strong values and behaviours which guide everything we do. These are our foundations which will help us to deliver our better world pledge to create a better world for pets and the people who love them.
The Pets at Home Group includes over 450 stores, over 310 Groom Rooms and 440 First Opinion Vet Practices. It’s fast-paced, innovative, fun and we put people at the very heart of everything we do. We are committed to developing a culture of inclusivity where everyone can come to work and be themselves, a culture which welcomes everyone irrespective of what makes us all unique.
About the role
Do you have experience within the Early Careers? Have a passion for nurturing and developing the skills capabilities of the future? Have knowledge and experience of growing and evolving future talent initiatives?
As the Future/Emerging Talent Lead, you'll be responsible for the development, evolution and implementation of a variety of development solutions across the group. Solutions that will support both our new and existing colleagues to thrive.
This role will work closely with our Talent & Capability Partner, and the wider team, to continuously strengthen our Early Careers offering and so support our future talent pipelines at all levels.
Whilst the role is heavily focused on our Apprenticeships, there will be plenty of projects to participate in as we widen our talent channels to grow capabilities across the group.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Working to shape our Future Talents Strategy comprising of; Apprenticeships, Work Placements, Internships and Graduate programmes, so that the PAH Group can support the creation of career pathways for new and existing talent
- Leading resources to deliver all activity and fulfil numbers required, but also ensure programmes are relevant and beneficial
- Increasing Colleague Digital and Data fluency by embedding digital academies to develop internal and external talent
- Continuously improving and evolving programmes based on future business changes
- Line managing a small team
You’ll have proven experience of leading multiple emerging/future talent programmes and team management/leadership.
With a strategic mindset, and a focus on providing value to the business, you’ll have a background and understanding of how to shape future talent programmes with a focus on continuous improvement, measuring outcomes based on data, trends, analysis and review.
Further key experience/attributes includes;
- L&D and/or early careers programmes experience, i.e. Graduate, work placement and internships
- Clear, articulate and confident when communicating – able to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Programme / Project management experience
Our diversity and inclusion vision is that everyone is welcome and feels part of our group. If you think you’re a good match to what we are looking for, and you share our belief that together ‘we’re better with pets’, we’d like to hear from you, whatever your background or circumstances
Organisation: Pets at Home
Date Posted: 28-04-2022
Expiry Date: 21-05-2022