Our values and behaviours are really what make us different as a retailer - and an enjoyable, exciting place to work.
Everyone here brings the values to work, every day. Our behaviours are the way we do it.
If you share our values and behaviours, you won’t just fit in here, you’ll love every minute.
We put pets first
Pets are our business and our passion! We invest heavily in colleague training and adhere to higher welfare standards to ensure the pets in our care are properly looked after.
We make it fun
We want to make sure that all our colleagues enjoy coming into work, and our teams are excellent at creating a fun, friendly workplace for everybody. With such a varied workload across each of our businesses, no day is ever the same!
We work as a team
We all work together to ensure that our customers have a fantastic shopping experience in our stores and our clients experience a professional and friendly service in our vet practices and grooming salons.
We take pride in what we do
We put our success as a company down to the hard work of our colleagues, and we take great pride in being part of a business that serves our communities so well. One of our proudest achievements is that we were voted the Sunday Times’ Best Big Company to Work For in 2013 by our colleagues - and as the company grows, it’s great to see such dedicated teams taking pride in every aspect of the business!
We get better everyday
Our Group has grown at a phenomenal rate over the last few years, as we’ve opened new stores, grooming salons and vet practices. Our colleagues are always learning too, developing their pet and product knowledge by taking advantage of the fantastic learning and development opportunities that are available to them. We constantly review how we’re doing and strive to get better every day.
We do what we say we'll do
Across the Group, our colleagues are dedicated to providing a great service, and that means we’re always honest about what we can achieve - whether it’s ordering a new product for a customer or planning a course of treatment for a pet. We’re also honest with each other as colleagues and hold each other to account which makes for a great place to work that’s open and transparent.
Pets at Home Behaviours
Yes we put pets first. But it’s how we do that that’s most important: we support our colleagues to work with pride and passion, to bring honesty and integrity to work every day, and to do it all with a sense of fun and fearlessness. We never shy away from having the important conversations and doing what we say we’ll do.
So our behaviours are more than what we do: they make us who we are.
- Always present in conversations; actively listens
- You seek to understand first by asking open questions and remain objective
- You know and understand your people and flex your style accordingly
- You are genuine and inclusive of others
- You involve others and strive to work cross-functionally
- You face difficult situations
- You are willing to have important conversations
- You are a considered risk-taker
- You are resilient
- You are open to challenge and feedback and prepared to change
- You do what you say you’ll do
- You are realistic and upfront
- You can be trusted and are confidential
- You demonstrate integrity
- You acknowledge your mistakes and take responsibility
- You role model our values and are consistent in tone and communication
- You demonstrate a sense of passion, enjoyment and pride in your work
- You are forward thinking and progressive, always learning and applying
- You showcase your knowledge and expertise to delight our customers and clients
- You consistently deliver incredible service
- You are focused on the end result and committed to delivering this in a collaborative way with pace
- You make yourself available
- You are considerate; you care
- You show real empathy and genuine interest
- You are engaging
- You are known for spotting and recognising great things in others
Part-time, £9.06 - £9.06
Full-time, £10.46 - £11.41